Donate a Prosthetic
Used prosthetic limbs are priceless to Limbs for Life! We utilize many component parts for repair and replacement of limbs.
The Holly & Doug Brooks Family Foundation LEGacy Room at Limbs for Life holds a wealth of parts and components to further serve amputees in need.
U.S. regulations restrict the use of some items, however we share various component parts with our international partners.
Ready to donate a limb or prosthetic part? Please read our guidelines below.
These parts are in high demand
– Locking Liners
– Bulldog locks and pins
– Socks with holes, regular short size
– Lanyard adapters, kiss brand
– K3 Knees
– 3 prong adapters
– 10"+ pylons
– feet sizes 21-24
– Pyramids & foot bolts for SACH feet
– Used limbs from anywhere in the United States
– Accessories- UNUSED ONLY liners, socks, sleeves, etc.
– Pins from liners, misc. hardware and parts, feet, etc.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
– USED textile products (liners, socks, sleeves)
– New or used orthotics, corrective shoes or braces
– Durable medical equipment
– Medical supplies of any kind (including post-amputation bandages, limb protectors)
– View this HELPFUL VIDEO for further direction.
– Please pack items for shipping and send ground freight via USPS, UPS or FedEx.
– Your contribution of shipping charges is greatly appreciated as we do not pay for shipping of donated items.
– Your contribution may be tax deductible. Limbs for Life will provide documentation of the donation, but cannot assign value. Please discuss your donation with your prosthetic provider or tax adviser.
– Please include the in-kind donor form with your shipment or write your name, address and email on a piece of paper so we may acknowledge your contribution.
For further information regarding a donation, contact our office toll free at 1-888-235-5462 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may ship directly to:
Limbs for Life
9604 N May Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
Shop our Amazon Wish List
Learn About other Ways to Give
ORGANIZE AN EVENT AND RAISE FUNDS:
On average, 507 amputations occur in the U.S. each day. While some people have resources to obtain prosthetic care, many more do not. $2,500 pays for a below-knee prosthetic limb and $3,500 for an above-knee device. Your sponsored events and fundraising efforts can help put an amputee back on their feet! Won’t you help today?
For more information and to get started on your event to benefit Limbs for Life, please contact:
Shelley Dutton by phone 405-286-5027 or email email@example.com
Limbs for Life can provide recruitment letters, logos, banners, brochures, sample press releases and other support for your event. Online peer-to-peer fundraising options help manage event donations. We would love to hear your ideas and plans and offer support for your project. Many groups and individuals have hosted activities to raise money and generate awareness including:
Doerre Intermediate School's Color Run is in it's 4th year, raising more than $14,000!
Doerre Color Run
Doerre Color Run
Clark's Shoes America
"Get People Walking Campaign" has raised more than $80k over 3 years.
Clark's Shoes America
Katie from South Dakota held a limb drive and drove this load of limbs to Oklahoma City to help amputees worldwide!
Joe Shanahan Memorial at The Down There Bar in Pennsylvania. 3rd year event organized by his daughter, Ashley includes Auction, Raffle and Contests, Volunteers serving as waitstaff for tips. In 3 years, the event has raised $12,215 for prosthetic care for amputees in need- that equals 5 limbs.
Disabled American Veterans and other groups host Limb Drives to collect used prosthetic limbs and components. Limbs for Life is able to reuse some items. The collections help increase our inventory to assist more clients both in the U.S. and abroad. Contact us to schedule a limb drive and receive a counter card display.
From a few hundred dollars to thousands, the donations add up to another amputee walking again! Join us and make a difference!